Skip to content
- In the summer of 2015, I was a research fellow with the Research Exerience for Undergraduates (REU) program funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF). This year focused on hardware and software solutions for cybersecurity.
- My group conducted research on user authentication using a haptic stylus device. Our researched focused on determining behavioral biometric profiles based on pressure and velocity for users interacting with 5 virtual objects.
- We attempted to develop an authentication protocol using different types of touching events (strokes and probes) during both task and non-task oriented experiments.
- The hosting university, my alma mater NYIT, featured the program in an article here.
- A pdf of our research poster can be seen below and viewed here.
- In September 2015 after the REU summer program was completed, I presented our research, and won 1st place, in a research poster competition at NYIT’s Sixth Annual Cybersecurity Conference.